Saturday, May 16, 2009

Rock and Roll Riot – 33.3 Revolutions from April, 2009



It’s been a few weeks, but here’s a slice of my DJ setlist from the April edition of Rock and Roll Riot at The Cameron House. April’s selections leaned heavily towards soul, funk, R&B, blues, garage and rock and roll, keeping the joint groovin’ and shakin’ all night long. A fun night, and I will be back at The Cameron on Saturday, May 30th for another round.

33 songs from The Cameron House – April 25th, 2009

Link Wray “Wild Party”
Ennio Morricone “Svolta Definitiva”
Ike Turner & The Kings of Rhythm “Thinking Black”
Fred Wesley & The J.B.’s “Use Me”
Ike & Tina Turner “I Want to Take You Higher”
Jimmy Smith “Give Up the Booty”
The Bar-Kays “Soul Finger”
The Timebox “I Wish I Could Jerk Like My Uncle Cyril”
Booker T. & The MGs “Time Is Tight”
Solomon Burke “Home In Your Heart”
Ry Cooder “Los Chucos Suaves”
Mavis Staples “99 and ½”
Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings “100 Days, 100 Nights”
Johnnie Taylor “Jody’s Got Your Girl and Gone”
James Hunter “No Smoke Without Fire”
Little Milton “That’s What Love Will Make You Do”
Otis Redding “Respect”
Phil Upchurch “Crosstown Traffic”
Big Rude Jake “Night of the Kingsnake”
David Johansen and the Harry Smiths “Little Geneva”
John Hammond “I Know I’ve Been Changed”
Chuck E. Weiss “Congo Square at Midnight”
Leadbelly “Goodnight Irene”
Champion Jack Dupree “Junker’s Blues”
John Lee Hooker “Boom Boom”
Led Zeppelin “Gallows Pole”
The Paul Butterfield Blues Band “Born In Chicago”
Little Willie John “I’m Shakin’”
Big Joe Turner “Well All Right”
Screamin’ Jay Hawkins “Little Demon”
Bill Haley & His Comets “Rock-A-Beatin’ Boogie”
Little Junior Parker “I Wanna Ramble”
The Animals “Bright Lights Big City”

No comments: